Use common sense and follow these simple rules.
- Keep lighted candles within your sight and NEVER leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that is flammable.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Always place your Ele Kauai candles on a stable, heat-resistant surface when burning.
Why do you use soy wax?
Soy wax offers a clean-burning alternative to paraffin. Our GMO-free soy wax is entirely vegetable based and is environmentally sound and healthy for your home.
Can I buy your products wholesale to sell them in my store?
Do you offer any discounts on large orders?
Yes. For more information on bulk pricing and quantity price breaks, contact us. Some examples of large orders we’re happy to accommodate are:
- Products as wedding favors
- Products as a gift to your clients or vendors
- Products to use in your salon/spa/hotel
Are scented candles safe?
A well-made and properly burned candle, whether scented or unscented, will burn cleanly and safely. Although there are no known health hazards associated with the use of scented candles, unfounded concerns about the safety of man-made fragrances vs. “natural” fragrance materials and essential oils continue to populate the media. The fragrances approved for candle usage – whether synthesized or “natural” – do not release toxic chemicals.
What if my candle starts to tunnel?
Tunneling can be caused by a few things and here are some tips to prevent and fix it:
- Let the candle burn for several hours when first lit. This will allow the whole top layer of the candle to melt out to the very edges. This will also form a ‘memory’ melt the next time you light the candle.
- Never burn your candle underneath a ceiling fan or drafty area.
- If your candle has already tunneled, make your candle a tin foil hat with a small hole on the top. This will allow heat to radiate down and melt the edge wax. In most cases, the wax will melt to the edges within 15 – 30 minutes with the foil. When removing the foil hat, remember it will be hot and may burn you.
- If you’re having trouble getting the edges to melt down, you can also cut the edge areas off and melt them in a wax melt warmer to get the most out of the fragrance but the above steps should definitely solve and fix the tunnel issue.
Can I recommend a fragrance that I don't see available?
We are always looking for new fragrances and are probably working on it now if you don’t see it listed in our store. Always feel free to [contact us] and we will do our best to make your desired fragrance available to order as soon as possible.
What if my package is lost?
While we are not responsible for lost or stolen packages, we do our best to assist our customers when a package is lost. We always recommend contacting your local post office first as well as leaving a note for your courier explaining what happened. If they are not able to assist you further, please contact us immediately so we can file a claim, etc. If USPS deems your package as lost, we will work with you to have a replacement sent out.